Visiting Friends & Family
Family members and friends are welcome to visit.
You, the patient, determine when you would like to receive visitors and who those visitors are.
We will ask six things of your guests, because patient health and comfort are our primary concerns.
- Anyone with a cold, sore throat, flu, or any contagious diseases is encouraged not to visit patients. To control the spread of infection you may be asked to wear a mask.
- Because cell phones may interfere with medical equipment and monitors, cellular phone usage is not permitted in the Emergency Department, Family/Birthing Center, and our Intensive Care/Critical Care Units.
- Visitors in double-occupancy rooms will be asked to be considerate of both patients’ privacy.
- Visitors may be limited to ensure adequate rest time for the patient.
- Visitors will be asked to maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- And to help respect and ensure patient privacy and integrity, visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when a healthcare provider needs to see the patient.
A meditation chapel is located on the first floor between the administrative and executive wings. Visitors of all faiths are welcome to visit the chapel for prayer and quiet reflection.
Gifts for Patients/Flowers/Balloons
Visitors should check with the attending nurse before bringing gifts to patients to make sure their gift is appropriate; this is especially important if your loved one is a patient with our Intensive Care Unit.
Flowers and balloon bouquets will be delivered to rooms. But please be aware, that many patients and staff are allergic to latex products; therefore, Memorial Health Center is a latex-free facility. Only non-latex balloons will be accepted for delivery to patients.
The Gift Nook, staffed and managed by Memorial Health Center Volunteers, is located in the atrium lobby of Memorial Health Center (Medford). The shop has a selection of greeting cards, candy, and various gift items. Hours of operation vary and are available by dialing 715-748-8100.
Parking for patients and visitors is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All parking at Memorial Health Center is free.
Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby.
Med Rock Café
The Med Rock Café (cafeteria), located in the basement of Memorial Health Center (Medford), is open daily from 5:30am until 7:00pm.
On weekdays, visitors may choose from a variety of hot and cold foods and beverages from our self-serve salad and snack bar, and homemade hot food line.
On weekends and holidays, assorted sandwiches, desserts, and beverages are available.
Vending machines for snacks and beverages are available 24 hours a day and are located in the basement level near the hospital cafeteria (Med Rock Café).